Many people are fond of travelling to different destinations in the world. These people book the tickets with some good airlines company, which can offer them the required facilities and comfort during the journey. Air Canada is one such airline company, which is preferred airlines for many people. Here in this article, we will have a look at the Air Canada Cancellation process.
First we will have a look at the key clauses of the Air Canada Flight Cancellation Policy. Some of the important points in the cancellation policy of Air Canada airlines are as follows:
Air Canada 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
The first and most important point of the Air Canada Flight Cancellation Policy is that they offer free cancellation till 24 hours after the booking has been done. That is after booking the tickets, if you cancel the tickets within 24 hours of time of reservation, you will not be charged any charges. You will receive 100 percent refund in this case.
- The next clause is dependent on the type of ticket you have booked. If you have booked non-refundable tickets for your journey and you cancel it after 24 hours of booking, you will be charged a cancellation fee for cancelling the tickets. The cancellation charge will be deducted and the remaining amount will be credited to your source account as Air Canada Cancelled Flight Refund.
- In case you have booked a refundable type of tickets, you are entitled to get a full refund even if you cancel the tickets after 24 hours of booking the tickets. This is the prime advantage of refundable tickets that you get full Air Canada Cancelled Flight Refund amount irrespective of the time of cancellation of the tickets.
- The actual amount that is deducted at the time of Air Canada Flight Cancellation depends on the exact time of cancellation as well as other factors like the type of tickets, etc. The amount that is deducted at the time of cancellation may vary from case to case.
To know more about the rules and Air Canada Cancellation Policy Refund during the cancellation, you can contact the customer care number of Air Canada Airlines.
The first and most important aspect related to the cancellation of tickets is the reason for cancellation. There can be different reasons for the Air Canada Cancellation by the passenger. Some of the common reasons for the cancellation of tickets can be the following:
- Some Emergency with the passenger can be responsible for his decision to cancel the tickets. The emergency can be with passenger or can also be with some family members.
- Change in plan like postponing of the journey may be responsible for the cancellation of tickets. The reason for change of plan can be anything.
Thus, the above are the main reasons responsible for the Air Canada Flight Cancellation. Now that we have seen the cancellation policy and possible reasons of cancellation, let’s have a look at the process of cancellation of tickets with Air Canada Airlines.
Both offline as well as online processes can be used to cancel the booked tickets. Some common online and offline ways of ticket cancellation are listed below:
Air Canada Online Flight Cancellation Processes
- Cancellation of tickets through the Official app
- Cancellation of the tickets through the official website
Air Canada Offline Flight Cancellation Processes
- Cancelation of tickets by visiting the airport
- Cancellation of tickets by visiting Kiosk centre
- Cancellation of tickets through the travel agents
Air Canada Flight Cancellation Using Official App
If the tickets were booked using the official app of the Air Canada Airlines, you can use the same for Air Canada Cancellation as well. For this first you have to log in to the app with your logging credentials. After login, you have to go in the manage trips section of the app. In this section all your active flights will be listed. You have to select the flight you want to cancel and click on the cancel button. The system will ask you the confirmation and then it will cancel your tickets. The amount will be refunded to your source account that you used to book the tickets.
Air Canada Flight Cancellation Using Official Website
You can also do Air Canada flight Cancellation through the official website of Air Canada Airlines. Here also first you have to sign in to your account. After signing in, follow the same process as described in the app section. Once you follow the process your tickets will be cancelled and the amount will be refunded to your account. The process of cancelling the tickets through the app and website are similar except for the initial login part.
Air Canada Flight Cancellation By Visiting the airport
The tickets can be cancelled by going to the airport and visiting the reservation centre. You can go to the reservation centre and ask the executive to cancel the tickets. The executive will cancel the tickets and will provide you the refund in cash. The amount of refund and Air Canada Cancellation Fee will depend on the time of cancellation. The earlier you cancel the better refund you will be able to get.
Air Canada Flight Cancellation By Visiting the Kiosk centre
You can also cancel the tickets by going to the nearby Kiosk centre. In the Kiosk centres there are many executives which can assist you in your tasks. You can ask the executive to cancel the tickets and he will assist you through the complete process of cancelling the tickets. He will also guide you on how you can receive your refund.
Air Canada Flight Cancellation Through Travel agents
It is possible for you to get the tickets cancelled through the travel agents. The travel agents will charge you extra service charges for the tickets cancellation. In case you don’t know how to cancel the tickets online, you can take the help of travel agents to cancel your tickets. The travel agents also use the online methods to cancel the tickets. Once the tickets are cancelled the travel agent will hand over to you your refund after deducting his service charge.
Thus, we have seen in detail,all possible ways of Air Canada Flight Cancellation. It is best to cancel your tickets yourself so that no extra charges and commissions are levied. Most of the online methods just require a mobile phone or computer with active internet connection to cancel the tickets.